California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.) Resources
One of the most utilized member benefits that REALTORS® have is the
C.A.R. Legal Hotline which offers members the incredible benefit of receiving free legal advice over the telephone
on a vast array of real-estate related topics such as contract interpretation, arbitration, litigation, tax issues, commission disputes, disclosure requirements, fair housing issues, laws governing
homeowners' associations, and so on. By contacting the C.A.R. Legal Hotline you can speak directly to one of C.A.R.'s attorneys. Since its debut in 1979, C.A.R. attorneys have answered more than
1,500,000 questions about real estate law and brokerage practice.
C.A.R. also has a
Legal page for the Association's REALTOR members. Here are some items they can access: Monthly Featured Articles, access to Legal Live
Webinars, Every Day Ethics Webinars and more.
- Resource Directory
- C.A.R.'s Legal Department has compiled this directory as a resource to help members locate public and private organizations. Links to other
websites are provided as a courtesy to C.A.R. members. C.A.R. does not recommend or endorse any products or services in these other websites. C.A.R. is not
responsible for the information contained in these other websites or for the maintenance of these other websites.
- Featured Legal Articles
- To keep its' members fully informed, California Real Estate magazine contains a monthly legal column discussing the latest cases and statutes impacting REALTORS® and property owners.
The column also contains an Ask An Attorney feature providing answers to commonly-asked legal questions and issues.
- C.A.R. Legal Q&As
- C.A.R.'s Legal Department, on a regular basis, creates legal articles for our members. These articles frequently are in question and answer format and are currently available on over
150 broker practice, cold calling, contract issues, landlord-tenant law, procuring cause, real estate disclosures, and many more.
- C.A.R.'s Legal Live Webinars
- Are online presentations conducted by C.A.R. attorneys on the first Tuesday of every month. Hear about legal developments and answers to common questions.
Watch live or from a recorded post. Legal Live Webinars are offered as a free member benefit.
- C.A.R.'s Everyday Ethics Webinars
- Are online presentations conducted by C.A.R. attorneys explaining the requirements of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the National Association
of REALTORS®. Each Webinar covers one or more Articles of the Code of Ethics, providing examples of conduct that violates the Code of Ethics and tips to
help you succeed as an ethical REALTOR®. From the ease of your own computer, you can participate in a live, interactive Webinar.
Everyday Ethics Webinars are offered as a member benefit, free of charge, to California REALTORS® only.
National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Resources
- Law, Ethics & Policy
- In this section of the National Association of REALTORS® website you may find information that covers: Federal Regulation Compliance, Legal Case Summaries, Risk Management, Legal Pulse,
Legal Action Program, Policy and the Code of Ethics. A great resource for all REALTOR® members.
- REALTOR® - Membership Marks Manual
- It is important to use NAR's membership marks -- including the REALTOR® logo and the terms REALTOR®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, REALTORS® -- correctly and according to the rules outlined in this Membership Marks Manual.